Video is all-pervasive today in both external and internal communication of a company. And, to make videos accessible and adapted to international markets, they must be transcribed and subtitled.
Our client’s corporate videos were only in English. They needed them to be transcribed and subtitled in Arabic, Hindi, Bengali, French, Chinese, and Vietnamese with a short turnaround. The customer had limited budget for this work.
We used our partner Mediawen’s technology to transcribe the videos into all the languages, including those with right-to-left (RTL) alignment. MW·HUB provides integrated, AI-enabled solutions for audio and video localization. As the quality of the output is high, it saves time required by linguists to post-edit it.
The work met the quality expectations of the customer. We delivered all transcriptions and translations in time and helped the client stay in budget for the project.
- Videos were heavy in size. The traditional methods of file sharing would be time-consuming, as linguists, reviewers, project managers, and the client will have to upload and download videos at different stages.
- The traditional workflow would create many version of the files. This causes problems with version control and would need extra efforts to manage.
- Files would be sent for transcription and then to translator and reviewer for target languages. This needs a lot of time which the client didn’t have.
- Transcription and translation by human linguists will increase the cost of work. It may even go beyond the budget.
- Manual work will still need to be reviewed. This increases the cost and turnaround time.
- We executed the project with a cloud-based tool from Mediawen, our partner for automated media localization. We uploaded the videos to MW·HUB. Then, we added each stakeholder to the project.
- The tool provides artificial intelligence (AI)-enabled transcription and machine translation (MT). This cuts down time and cost.
- As for the process, we uploaded the English language videos to MW·HUB. With the use of Mediawen’s AI-powered speech recognition and transcription tools, automated English transcriptions were delivered. A linguist from Braahmam edited the transcriptions. The quality of machine output was good enough: accuracy was close to 90%. Hence we could expedite the process. Next, Mediawen’s MT engine translated the transcriptions and delivered the subtitles. This went through another layer of post-editing from Braahmam.
- The tool inserted accurate time stamps. This, too, reduced human effort and time.
- Huge cost savings
- High quality output
- Short turnaround time
- Fewer handovers resulting in a streamlined process
- Better team management
- Data security. No one can download your files.
- Delivery in various formats: Full HD, 4K, 8K, square format, social networks etc.
- Secure file repository, file accessibility, and workflow management
- Automated outputs with the option to add human editing
- One-stop shop for transcription and subtitling. MW·HUB reduces the risk of human error, optimizes the workflow for your content, and speeds up time-consuming tasks through controlled and pragmatic automation.
- Powerful editing features. The tool’s native editor makes it easy to format your subtitles. You can choose font, size, position in the image, number of characters per line, number of lines, and more.
- Better access control, collaboration, and visibility. The production and quality teams of the customer can work on the same platform. This way, they are able to see the progress in real time and provide feedback. This too shortens the turnaround time.